Welcome to the New London Aquatic & Fitness Center!
We are happy to partner with you on your health and wellness journey. The main attraction of our Aquatic and Fitness Center is the six-lane, L-shaped indoor pool with a variety of programming for all ages of users. The pool’s spans 25 yards across the shallow end while the length from the shallow to deep end measures 25 meters. The 1-meter diving board and 2 pool slides are open during the public swims. The Pool is patrolled by lifeguards. The main pool temperature is held between 84-86 degrees while our whirlpool hot tub is set to be 103–104 degrees. The hot tub is open throughout the day to patrons 18 and older, but closed to the public during swimming lessons.
Our current swim times are listed on the monthly schedule link below. Click on prices to review our rates, swim descriptions, and other things to know before you come.
Pool and Fitness Room Schedule:April, May
Throughout the year we offer a variety of pool programming to meet the needs of multiple ages and abilities. Call the pool office for more informaton about upcoming courses.
- Group swimming lessons for children and private and semi-private lessons for all ages/abilities. Level Descriptions
- Water aerobics classes – Deep water, Shallow Water, Arthritis
- Certification in American Red Cross programs such as Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, Junior Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Recreational swim times for different age groups and purposes
- Special events and “holiday” observances with reduced entrance fees like our Underwater Easter Egg Hunt! This summer we'll offer 2 special days: Beach Party on June 7 and Water Carnival on July 12. Join us from 1:15-3:30pm each day for a $2.00 swim.
Sorry, we do not accept registrations by mail. Instead please register online, by calling the pool office at (920) 982-8524, or in person at the New London Aquatic and Fitness Center: 815 W. Washington St. or at the Parks and Recreation office within City Hall: 215 N. Shawano St. (West side of building). Information on land exercise programs and classes can be found through the Department's Program, Events, and Trips page.
The facility also houses an air-conditioned exercise room with a variety of cardio and weight training equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, a stair stepper, and a row machine. Strength training options include free weights, kettle bells, universal weight machines, an incline bench, and an adjustable sit-up bench. Three flat-screen TVs with Dish Network access and an overhead radio system provide auditory and visual entertainment during a workout.
Our facility is also a valuable resource for these local groups:
- North East Aquatics Team (NEAT), New London
- Mosquito Hill Nature Center, New London
- Assorted churches
- Local school districts
- Sports teams
- Boy Scout troops
- Diver’s Realm, Appleton
- Hickory Home – Innovative Services
- St. Joseph’s Residence
- Camp Hatten, New London
You can find more information about their programs on our Partners page. And if you're looking for exclusive use of the Pool and Fitness Center for your family event, church function, or other special occasion may be available please refer to our Rentals page for more information about renting the facility.
The Aquatic and Fitness Center operates through the efforts of 20-30 part-time lifeguards, swim lessons instructors, and seven water exercise (aquacise) instructors. If you are interested in working at the Aquatic and Fitness Center please visit the About Us page for application information.