Made in New London
Collection:
Local Business-Hillshire Farm
Object ID:
2003.6.8
Object Name:
Apron
Description:
Green apron with the Hillshire Farms logo across the front chest. Apron has two pockets in the front, ties in the back and loops over the head.
VE Exhibit Label 1:
In 1929, Frank Jennings, a local meat market owner, hired Fritz Bernegger as a meat cutter. Within six months Mr. Bernegger bought out Mr. Jennings and renamed the business Quality Market.

By 1936, the business needed more room. Fritz bought land on County Trunk D and opened a small packinghouse. He named it Quality Packing House. Business continued to grow and change. In 1969, Quality Packing House became Hillshire Meat Products. A merger in 1971 with Consolidated Food Corp. changed the name again to Hillshire Farm. Although the Bernegger family no longer owns Hillshire Farm, their legacy continues through the company they founded in New London.
Year Range from:
1970
Year Range to:
1990
Material:
Fabric
Credit Line:
Estate of Ray Smith
Click to Enlarge
Image