Made in New London
Collection:
Wisconsin Cabinet and Panel Co.
Object ID:
2007.029.024
Object Name:
Print, Photographic
Description:
Photo of Wisconsin Cabinet & Panel Company. Series of 235 photos taken July 1920. Taken by C.P Cronk when he worked with Thomas J. Edison. Cronk was sent to the WI Cabinet Panel Company to investigate the operations and how the company related to Edison Industries.
This picture has index number "27", in Cronk's index he lists this as a "View of building 10 from near railroad station"
VE Exhibit Label 1:
H.G. Andrae built the first factory at 613 East Beacon Avenue in New London. His company, the H.G. Andrae Manufacturing Co., made screen doors. The business did not last long. In 1902, Andrae sold the factory to the Wisconsin Chair Company from Port Washington.

Over the next years the factory passed between the Wisconsin Chair Company and the Wolf River Company later the Wisconsin Seating Company. Finally in 1917, a company came forward and purchased the buildings. This forever changed the New London community.

The Wisconsin Cabinet and Panel Company, a division of Thomas A. Edison, Inc. started making wooden phonograph cabinets. When the work started in 1917, the company employed 500 men and women. By the time the factory closed in 2005, thousands of New London employees had passed through the doors.
Print Size:
5.5x3
Year Range to:
1920
Photographer:
C.P. Cronk
Click to Enlarge
Image