APPLICATION (DJ-LE-330 and Resume) DUE BY 9/9/2022 at 12PM.
CHIEF JEFF SCHLUETER
PHONE: (920) 982-8505
FAX: (920) 982-8554
Lateral Transfer Program Details:
Lateral transfer is possible with the approval of the Police and Fire Commission if you have 2 years or more full-time law enforcement experience.
- Clothing Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Number of Paid Holidays: 10
- shift premiums
- 5 on 5 off work schedule
- 1 Personal Day
- Officer in charge pay
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver's license
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age: 20
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Oral Interviews
- Physical Fitness/Agility Screening
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Residency Required
- Vision Examination
- Written Exam
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO INTERN POSITIONS OPEN AT THIS TIME.
The New London Police Department works with college students interested in doing a summer internship. The interns get involved in doing Ride-A-Longs, projects for the Police Department, and become familiar with all duties of a law enforcement officer.
If you are interested in doing an Internship please contact the New London Police Department at 920-982-8505.
The New London Police Department has a ride along program that allows people interested in law enforcement to have that opportunity to shadow an officer for a day. We also work closely with Fox Valley Technical College Ride-A-Long program offering Police Science students an opportunity to ride along with our agency.
If you are interested in doing a Ride-A-Long please contact the New London Police Department at 920-982-8505. Everyone doing a Ride-A-Long must sign a waiver or if you are under the age of 18 you must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.
The City of New London, Wisconsin, is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity at all levels of its workforce.