Youth and Adult Recreation Programs
Adult Fitness Classes
The City offers a variety of classes and programs to help you reach your health and fitness goals. From Barre to Zumba and even a very reasonably priced personal fitness option we have it all! We offer free trial classes every 8th week of our sessions so you can try before you buy!
Currently due to COVID-19 we are offering limited classes, in an outdoor session.
Detailed listing of our current classes
Starting July 20 we are taking it outside!
Outside Fitness Classes at Pfeifer Park through October 2, 2020
at the shelter area at 509 Burton Rd. entering off of Waupaca St.
Mondays, 9:30 a.m. PiYo 4:45 p.m. Kick It
Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. Zumba
Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. PiYo 6:00 p.m. HIIT & Miss
Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. Zumba
Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. Zumba and Kick It will alternate weeks
Drop In Class Fees:
Residents of the City of New London:$3.50
Non-Residents of the City of New London: $4.75
Ask about senior and class memberships
You must pay ahead of time at the Parks and Recreation Office or at the Aquatic and Fitness Center
You may also purchase them online
Starting October 5, we will be moving back into the Washington Center Gym with strict guidelines in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For full information on our fitness classes check out our Fall Activity Guide!
Programs will be run as monthly sessions, in case of a need to shut down again or cancel.
- October 5-30
- November 2-25 (no class Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Friday)
- November 30-December 23 (no classes Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, let’s give ourselves some time to put some real positive energy into a successful and healthy 2021!).
Sessions will need to be pre-registered for in order to maintain a capacity level and for contract tracing
- Participants will be separated by 10x10 “pods” as marked in blue tape on the gym floor, please respect social distancing guidelines.
- Instructors will lock the door after all participants are in so that walkers and non-participants cannot enter. Please arrive on time to avoid interruption.
- Masks must be worn at all times, if you find that you are uncomfortable exercising with a mask on you may remove it, but please wear it any time you are out of your pod.
- Equipment needed for the class will be placed at your spot before class, you can leave it there when class is over and the instructor will sanitize it after class. Please bring your own yoga mat if you have one, if you do not you can check one out with the instructor on the first day and take it home with you between classes.
- If someone in your class contracts COVID-19 all close contacts will be contacted by the County Health Department, we are not allowed to give names of positive cases or close contacts. They must follow the CDC guidelines regarding quarantine and discontinuation of isolation protocol. Close contact is defined by the CDC as being within 6 feet or more for more than 15 minutes. This is why the pods are very important and close contact and social distancing is so important. The “positive case” is in charge of providing those contacts to the county health department and the county health department is in charge of the case and contact tracing. The Parks and Recreation Department will be contacted by the County Health Department if you have indicated that you have been in close contact with someone from class.
The New London Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of different options for Personal Training including training with a friend to not only motivate you but also cut the cost in half! Check out the informational flyer here!