Youth and Adult Recreation Programs
New in 2021 the New London Parks and Recreation Department is implementing a drop in option for all Adult and Senior Fitness Classes.
After years of requests the City will be implementing drop in classes (Land Exercise/Zumba Pass) as an option to our Adult and Senior Exercise Programs. This will give flexibility to those that have unpredictable schedules and the opportunity to try all of our classes instead of committing to a full 7 week sessions. If you have a set schedule and like routine and need the accountability for your fitness goals then we are still offering the 7 week sessions at a discounted rate.
**During the COVID-19 Pandemic we are only offering 4 week sessions and ask that you do pre-register for them or call the office to let us know that you will be dropping into a class to minimize the class capacities.**
Registration for the sessions is available at the Aquatic and Fitness Center, The New London Parks and Recreation Office or by calling 982-8521. You can also register for these sessions at https://apm.activecommunities.com/newlondon/Home
Registration Fees vary based on session and class length, please check activity guide for details
Membership cards (Land Exercise/Zumba Pass) can be purchased or renewed at the Aquatic and Fitness Center, New London Parks and Recreation Office by stopping by or calling 982-8521 or online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/newlondon/Membership and it is the Land Exercise/Zumba Pass Option
Membership Land Exercise/Zumba Card Fees:
Per 45-60 minute Class
Residents: $4.50 Non-Residents: $5.75
Senior Residents: $2.25 Non-Resident Seniors: $3.00
We offer a variety of different classes, please check our monthly schedule for classes offered at that time due to instructor availability. These are our typical class offerings.
Kick It! Mondays 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Yoga Mondays 6:00-7:00 p.m. and Fridays 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Gentle Flow Yoga Thursdays 9:15-10:00 a.m.
Saturdays Kick it and Yoga alternate weeks 8:00-9:00 a.m.
The next session of these classes will be started on Monday, January 4, with the schedule as listed above. For registration and details on each class click here.
We do have spots available in these classes so please give the office a call if you would like to hop in!
COVID CONSIDERATIONS FOR ADULT FITNESS CLASSES
Programs will be run as monthly sessions, in case of a need to shut down again or cancel.
Sessions will need to be pre-registered for in order to maintain a capacity level and for contract tracing.
- Participants will be separated by 10x10 “pods” as marked in blue tape on the gym floor, please respect social distancing guidelines.
- Instructors will lock the door after all participants are in so that walkers and non-participants cannot enter. Please arrive on time to avoid interruption.
- Masks must be worn at all times, if you find that you are uncomfortable exercising with a mask on you may remove it, but please wear it any time you are out of your pod.
- Equipment needed for the class will be placed at your spot before class, you can leave it there when class is over and the instructor will sanitize it after class. Please bring your own yoga mat if you have one, if you do not you can check one out with the instructor on the first day and take it home with you between classes.
- If someone in your class contracts COVID-19 all close contacts will be contacted by the County Health Department, we are not allowed to give names of positive cases or close contacts. They must follow the CDC guidelines regarding quarantine and discontinuation of isolation protocol. Close contact is defined by the CDC as being within 6 feet or more for more than 15 minutes. This is why the pods are very important and close contact and social distancing is so important. The “positive case” is in charge of providing those contacts to the county health department and the county health department is in charge of the case and contact tracing. The Parks and Recreation Department will be contacted by the County Health Department if you have indicated that you have been in close contact with someone from class.
Dates and Times
Ages 14 and up only
$4.00 per person
OPEN GYM COVID-19 Considerations
- Masks are required.
- Social distancing recommended.
- Hand Sanitizing must be done frequently.
- First and Last name must be documented upon arrival.
- Bring your own ball if possible.
- Only 1 family or group per hoop.
- Please maintain a 6 foot parameter between yourselves and others.
- The Gym will close if less than 4 people come during the first 2 hours.
The New London Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of different options for Personal Training including training with a friend to not only motivate you but also cut the cost in half! Check out the informational flyer here!
Walking is available in the Washington Center Gym
Monday through Friday
5:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Due to COVID-19 There is no walking during any fitness classes
- Sign in on the sheet provided on the bulletin board
- Please make sure to wear clean, soft soled shoes
- Please wear a mask, keep a 6 foot distance between yourself and those not in your household and there is hand sanitizer, gloves and masks if you need one, directly inside the door. Please help yourself!